Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine and
Rutgers University-Camden Seven Year BS/DO Program
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST BE ACCEPTED FOR ADMISSION TO RUTGERS UNIVERISTY-CAMDEN CAMPUS BEFORE COMPLETING THE ADDITIONAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS.
(visit www.admissions.rutgers.edu for information and an electronic admissions application to Rutgers University-Camden).
Students accepted to the program will complete a three year curriculum toward a BS degree in Biology at Rutgers University-Camden. In the summer between sophomore and junior years at Rutgers-Camden, BS/DO students apply to the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine. If accept, they will then complete the traditional four year curriculum at Rowan University School of OsteopathicMedicine in Stratford, NJ.
- The Program is open to high school graduates applying as first year students. This program is open to first year, first semester students only, it is not open to transfer students.
- Students must be admitted to Rutgers-Camden before submitting their application for the BS/DO Joint program
- There are no restrictions on State of residency, but admission is limited to citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- All applicants to the Joint Program must provide proof of high school graduation.
- The high school grade point average, if applicable, rank-in class, along with letters of recommendation (2) from teachers/professors will be of primary importance in evaluating an applicant’s credentials.
- Applicants are also required to submit scores of the College Board Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT - Minimum Score Required - 1400 (new)) or the American College Testing Program (ACT - Minimum Score Required - 31).
In addition to the information provided in the University Application, which will be sent by the Office of Admission, candidates interested in this program will need to provide the following directly to the Joint Admissions Committee
- Two letters of recommendation from either high school teachers or counselors. One should be from a science teacher. Both letters should be focused on the student's interest and potential for osteopathic medical study.
- Essay - no more than 500 words as to why you are interested in this program and why you would like to be a doctor of osteopathic medicine.
- Copy of your score report for the SAT and/or ACT.
- Unoffical copy of high school transcript
Applications are accepted beginning November 1st the deadline for applications is January 10th.(Preference will be given to candidates applying for early admission to Rutgers University-Camden)
Attn: Health Professions Advisor
Bachelor / Doctor of Osteopathic Degree Program
Rutgers University - Career Center
Room 006, Lower Level - Campus Center
326 Penn Street
Camden, NJ 08102
Documents can also be sent by email to: email@example.com or by fax: 856-225-6511
If you have any questions, please call 856-225-6046.
After preliminary evaluation of applications by a Joint Admissions Committee from Rutgers and Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, selected applicants will be invited to interviews at Rutgers University-Camden. The first round of interview may take place between mid-January to mid-February.
If you make it through the first round, your information will be forwarded to the Medical School for review and a possible interview.
It is expected that this process will be completed in plenty of time for you to make a decision about your matriculation status.
Applicants not invited for an interview or not selected for admission to the Joint Program shall be notified of the decision as soon as possible.