Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine and
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST BE ACCEPTED FOR ADMISSION TO RUTGERS UNIVERISTY CAMDEN CAMPUS BEFORE COMPLETING THE ADDITIONAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS (See Below).
The Program is open to qualified high school graduates applying as first year students. There are no restrictions on State of residency, but admission is limited to citizens or permanent residents of the United States. All applicants to the Joint Program must provide proof of high school graduation. The high school grade point average, if applicable, rank-in class, along with letters of recommendation (2) from teachers/professors will be of primary importance in evaluating an applicant’s credentials. Applicants are also required to submit scores of the College Board Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT - Minimum Score Required - 1920) or the American College Testing Program (ACT - Minimum Score Required - 29).
After preliminary evaluation of applications by a Joint Admissions Committee from Rutgers and Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, applicants will be invited for interviews at Rutgers University/Camden and Rowan SOM. Applicants not invited for an interview or not selected for admission to the Joint Program shall be notified of the decision as soon as possible. Preference will be given to students who complete their college admissions application by the priority deadline of December 1st.
Please visit www.admissions.rutgers.edu for information and an electronic admissions application.
For additional application instructions, CLICK HERE
Students are expected to maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.5 (B) in all course work and a minimum grade of B in each of the science courses required for admission to ROWANSOM.
• Students are strongly encouraged to construct a well-rounded undergraduate degree plan that incorporates coursework in the humanities, liberal arts and social/behavorial sciences, as well as the premedical sciences. Major choice is Biology.
• Completion of all general curriculum requirements at Rutgers University-Camden with a minimum of 90 credits completed.
• All prerequisite courses required for admission to Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine.
• Completion of requirements of the designated Rutgers University-Camden major, unless the major department agrees to provide credit for certain medical courses completed during the first year of medical school at ROWAN-SOM.
• No final grade of “D”, “F”, or “T” in any prerequisite course required for admission to ROWAN-SOM
• A median score of 9 (nine) or better on the Medical College Admissions test; ROWAN-SOM and Rutgers University-Camden reserve the right to consider students with MCAT scores below the minimum on an individual basis.
• Recommendation by Rutgers University-Camden premed Advisor based on majority approval of the Rutgers University-Camden Admissions Committee.
• Satisfactory interviews with the Program Admissions Committees at Rutgers University-Camden and ROWAN-SOM.
|Prerequisite Courses (Taken at Rutgers)|
|Biology (with laboratories)||08 credits|
|Organic Chemistry (with laboratories)||08 credits|
|Inorganic Chemistry (with laboratories)||08 credits|
|Biochemistry (effective Spring 2015)||04 credits|
|Physics (with laboratories)||08 credits|
|English (includes English composition)||06 credits|
|(3 hours may be satisfied by computer science or statistics)|
|Behavioral Science||06 credits|
|(Psychology, Sociology, or Cultural Anthropology)|
NOTE; AP Credits from High School do not satisfy the above requirements.All required science courses must be taken on the Camden Campus.
For academic majors at Rutgers University-Camden consult the
college undergraduate catalog or check on-line at:
ROWAN-SOM•Fourth Year Courses (taken at UMDNJ)
Biochemistry (will change in Spring 2015)
Community Medicine I
Gross and Development Anatomy
Concepts and Historical Foundations of Osteopathic Medicine
Osteopathic Principles and Practices