The Career Center reserves the right to make a determination of the appropriateness of the positions being offered for the populations it serves.
Who Can Recruit Rutgers-Camden Students
The following organizations will be permitted to post jobs through RaptorLink. However, they will not be permitted to participate in the on-campus interviewing program or participate in career fairs on the Camden campus.
THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS - These include executive search firms and employment agencies. Third-Party recruiters will be required to:
- Inform the Career Center of the specific employer(s) they represent and the specific jobs for which they are recruiting, and the Career Center will verify the information;
- Reveal the company names to students/alumni selected for an interview;
- Allow the Career Center to add to their job description the following statement: “Applicants, upon being selected for an interview, will be notified of the company name by the third-party recruiter.”
The Career Center will request contact information for the organization for which the third party is providing recruiting services if/when there is concern related to a company. The Career Center must respect the confidentiality of this information and may not publish it in any manner.
COMMISSION-ONLY EMPLOYERS - These include organizations that do not pay a base salary to their employees. Employers offering positions that provide compensation that is 100% commission based can offer these positions under the following conditions:
- The position is for full time employment AND
- The compensation is clearly disclosed in the position description AND
- Charge no fees to the candidates
MULTILEVEL EMPLOYERS (ALSO KNOWN AS "PYRAMID EMPLOYERS") - These include organizations that depend on employees recruiting others to sell products and services on a commission basis.
UPFRONT PRODUCT PURCHASE EMPLOYERS - These include organizations that require employees to invest their own resources in the purchase of supplies, products or services to carry out their business, up to $250.
Who Cannot Recruit Rutgers-Camden Students
The following types of positions will not be permitted in RaptorLink:
- Study-Abroad or Internship Programs that charge fees to students
- Campus/Brand Ambassadors
- Online Tutoring Programs
- Door-to-Door Sales