Be sure to note the following programs on your calendar! Visit the Career Center general website for additional resources https://cc.camden.rutgers.edu/
Rutgers-New Brunswick Virtual Spring Career & Internship Fair
Thursday February 17, 1-4PM
For more information visit: https://rutgers-camden.joinhandshake.com/stu/career_fairs/28200?ref=even...
Rutgers Camden 2022 Government, Non-Profit & Healthcare Job & Internship Fair
Thursday March 3 - 11-2PM
For more information visit: https://rutgers-camden.joinhandshake.com/stu/career_fairs/30630?ref=even...
Rutgers-Camden Spring Job & Internship Fair
Thursday April 7, 11-2PM
For more information visit: https://rutgers-camden.joinhandshake.com/stu/career_fairs/30918?ref=even...
Contact the Career Center if you have any questions.
Career Ready Carnival
Wednesday February 16 - 11-1PM - MPR
Drop right in! Join us for Career Ready Carnival and start gearing up for this semester’s virtual job fairs and your job/internship search. At Career Ready Carnival you'll learn about resumes, virtual job fairs, elevator pitches, interview attire. Stop by for food, fun, raffle.
Kreischer Miller Drop In Event
Thursday February 3, 2022 - 11-2PM - Lobby of Business School
Drop by their table to meet Recruiting Specialist MaKayla Hancock and learn about career and internship opportunities.
BDO Recruiter Meet & Greet - Business, Computer Science & Economics Majors
Tuesday February 15 - 12:30-2PM - Career Center
Meet campus recruiter Terri Smith (email@example.com) and learn about opportunities at BDO. Additional Details in Handshake.
Visit Handshake to register for virtual accounting events from PwC, EY, Deloitte, Campus Philly, Morgan Stanley, and other relevant employers.
Accounting Handbook: A must read for all accounting majors
- Download excerpts from the Vault Career Guide to Accounting
Explore Your Fit (from Deloitte)- Explore various career paths in public accounting
Navigating the Virtual Job Search - Includes advice on virtual interviews and job fairs
- Download the Career Center's Job + Internship Guide for best practices and look at samples
- Review basic guidelines
- Get it critiqued by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropping it off at the Career Center, lower level of the Campus Center; allow 2 business days for it to be returned
- Accounting majors who will graduate with 150 credits should note that on their resume.
- Be sure to include your GPA if it is a 3.0 or better and your expected graduation date.
- Read resume tips from Deloitte, PwC and EideBailly.
- Watch videos from Bob Biddle (Bowman) and Bobbi Kelly (BBD)
- Research the profession through the Career Insider Online Library
- Practice through InterviewStream
- Review the Career Center's tips for a successful interview and Virtual Interview Tips
- Read these interviewing tips from Deloitte.
- Read this blog post about virtual interviews from Kreischer Miller.
- Familiarize yourself with the STAR Method.
Professional Associations & Websites
- NJCPA: New Jersey Society of CPAs
- PICPA: Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- AICPA: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- This Way to CPA
- NASBA: National Association of State Boards of Accountancy
- Institute of Management Accountants
- NABA (Philly Chapter)
- NABA (Rutgers-Camden Chapter)
- Beta Alpha Psi Honors Society
- Student Finance Association
- Going Concern (accounting industry blog)
- Accounting Today (industry news source)
- CFA Society (Philadelphia Chapter)
- Philadelphia Association of Financial Professionals
- SCHOLARSHIPS: ThisWaytoCPA.com/ScholarshipForecast, njcpa.org/become-a-cpa/scholarships, www.imanet.org/students/scholarships-and-awards/scholarships?ssopc=1
- ADVICE FROM THE BIG 4
- ADVICE FROM FINANCE FIRMS