We ask all departments to post their Class V and work-study positions on Handshake to ensure that all students have the opportunity to view and apply for your jobs.
Looking to hire Federal Work-Study or Class 5 students for your department during the 2021/22 academic year? Showcase your department at the Student On-Campus Job Fair!
On-Campus Employment Job Fair
Friday, September 3
11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Location To Be Announced
To participate, register online by 2pm on September 2 in Handshake.
- Plan to arrive between 10:30 and 10:45 to set up your table. Tables will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- If you don't have departmental signage, you can request an 8.5 x 11 sign on the registration form.
- For Federal Work-Study: All hiring departments must have approved job descriptions posted in Handshake in order to participate in the job fair.
- Class 5 forms must be submitted when students are hired. Human Resources will be on-site to assist with new hire paperwork.
If you have questions regarding the job fair, please contact Terri Smith.
You should follow the same process to set up an account as outside employers, but note the following best practices/tips:
- Your requested account type is Employer and your office is the Company.
- Use your @camden.rutgers.edu email address.
- Be sure to check your SPAM/Junk Mail folders for confirmation emails
- When asked to connect with your company, DO NOT connect with the main Rutgers University-Camden account.
- Each department will need to create their own employer/company account.
- If no one has created an account for your department yet, you must create a new company. Name your company "Rutgers-Camden [Department Name]."
- The first person to create the account is the owner. They will be responsible for approving other staff members that want to use Handshake. Click for instructions on how to transfer ownership.
- The process for posting work-study jobs and non-work study jobs is the same.
- Select "On Campus Employment" as the Job Type.
- If you are posting a work-study only job, please add (WORK STUDY ONLY) to your job title, i.e. Office Assistant (WORK STUDY ONLY).
- Answer Yes to "Is this a work study job?"
- If you can hire both work-study and non-work study students
- Answer No to "Is this a work study job?"
If you're having any difficulty, contact the Career Center at 856-225-6046 or email Terri F. Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.