The Career Center Staff invites Rutgers University students and alumni to attend the:
Annual Career/Job Fair
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Campus Center - Multipurpose Room
Over 60 employers are expected to attend this year’s event!
Representatives will be here to provide information on a variety of opportunities for full-time positions, internships and part-time jobs.
This is a great opportunity to pick up a lot of career information over a short period of time.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THE CAREER DAY JOB FAIR:
- Great opportunity to pick up a lot of career information over a short period of time.
- Build your network with professional recruiters as well as your communications skills
- Find out what employers look for in new hires
- Learn about opportunities that are available immediately and opportunities for which you could be hired for after graduation
- Provides you with an inside contact with various employers
- You just might get a job or internship
This event is open only to Rutgers University students and alumni, all majors, all years.
Please bring your RU ID card. Advance registration is not required, but you will need to register upon arrival.
Rutgers alumni and students without parking permits are encouraged to park in the Camden County College parking garage at 601 Cooper Street or use the PATCO High Speed Line. The City Hall stop is just two short blocks south of the campus.
For a map and directions to the Rutgers-Camden campus,
please visit http://www.camden.rutgers.edu/page/getting-campus
CAREER CENTER EVENTS:
- Monday, September 18: Interviewing Seminar
- Thursday, September 21: Resume Writing
- Tuesday, September 26: How to Get a Job at the Job Fair
- Wednesday, September 27: Resume Madness - Resume Critiques
- Monday, October 2: Resume Madness - Resume Critiques
Get your resume critiqued by either:
- Stopping by one of the Resume Madness - Resume Critiques sessions
- Emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 29
- Dropping it off in the Career Center by Friday, September 29
Allow at least two business days for review. Be sure to check your spam folders if you haven't received an email in a timely manner.
Be professionally dressed. (Business suit preferred or at the very least, business casual - no jeans) Download this guide for more details: What to Wear to a Career Fair
Bring resumes to give to the representatives.
Review the list of employers and their opportunities. Visit their websites and prepare some questions that you can ask them at the fair. Make a list of employers you want to talk to so you can maximize your time but also stop by other employers to inquire about their information.
Prepare your introduction or elevator pitch. Practice introducing yourself to prospective employers. Be sure to include your name, major, expected graduation date, summary of key skills and career interests.
- Last but not least, come with a smile, a good hand shake, and don't forget to ask for business cards so you can write your thank you notes after the event.
For more information, download Career Fair Tips