12:00pm - 2:00pm
Text or video chat with representatives from a variety of employers and learn about internship opportunities for the spring and summer.
To view the list, sign in with your scarletmail email address
Through the Handshake Virtual Fairs platform, you will be able to:
- Use video, audio, and text chat to connect with employers
- Schedule appointments with employers of interest, either before the fair or during the event
- Attend group presentations
- Share your profile and resume
- Research employers and track your favorites
Check out this brief video from a current student to learn more!
Get your resume ready
Upload your resume to Handshake.
Make your resume visible in Handshake so that the employers can view it.
Make your profile public - this is required to participate in the fair (you can always change your settings after the fair ends).
Do your research:
Download the Brochure: includes schedule of sessions, majors employers want, available internships, links to employer websites (To view the list, sign in with your scarletmail email address)
Review the Employer List in Handshake: includes links to internships posted to Handshake and allows you to follow the employer to be notified when they update their sessions (they may even reach out to you if you Follow them!)
Register and schedule sessions with employers of interest.
YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR SESSIONS TO BE ABLE TO TALK TO EMPLOYERS
- Employers will host 30 minute group sessions and/or 10 minute 1-on-1 individual sessions.
- Best Practice: Pre-register for the fair and sign up for sessions before the fair begins.
- NOTE: You cannot sign up for more than one session at a time (such as sign up for group session at 12:00 and a 1-on-1 session at 12:20).
Prepare questions to ask the recruiters.
- Handshake: How to Prepare for a Virtual Career Fair
- The Intern Hustle: How to Prepare for a Virtual Career Fair - Tips for Students!
Open only to Rutgers University students (all majors and years welcome)