Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
Seven Year BS/DO Program
Please Note: You must be admitted to Rutgers University-Camden before completing the BS/DO Application
Visit www.admissions.rutgers.edu for information and an electronic admissions application to Rutgers University-Camden
Students accepted to the program will complete a three year curriculum toward a BS degree in Biology at Rutgers University-Camden. In the summer between sophomore and junior years at Rutgers-Camden, BS/DO students apply to the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine. If accepted to the medical school, BS/DO students will complete their third year at Rutgers University-Camden and matriculate to the medical school the following year to complete the traditional four year curriculum at Rowan University School of OsteopathicMedicine in Stratford, NJ.
- The Program is open to high school graduates applying as first year students. This program is open to first year, first semester students only, it is not open to transfer students.
- SAT - 1400 (new) minimum Score Required - ACT - 31 Minimum score. Applicants who do not have SAT/ACT scores may still apply for consideration.
- Applicants are also required to submit scores of the College Board Scholastic Aptitude Test
- Students must be admitted to Rutgers-Camden before submitting their application for the BS/DO Joint program
- There are no restrictions on state of residency, but admission is limited to citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- All applicants to the Joint Program must provide proof of high school graduation.
- The high school grade point average, if applicable, rank-in class, along with letters of recommendation (2) from teachers/professors will be of primary importance in evaluating an applicant’s credentials.
In addition to the information provided in the University Application, candidates interested in this program will need to provide the following items directly to the BS/DO committee via the online application below:
- Two letters of recommendation from either high school teachers or counselor. One of which must be from a science (physcial or life) teacher. Both letters should be focused on the student's interest and potential for osteopathic medical study. While other letters from doctors or health professionals can be submitted, they will not be accepted in place of the high school teacher/counselor letters. (Note**If your teacher/counselor would like to send your letter of recommendation directly to the committee, they can email the letter to email@example.com)
- Essay - no more than 500 words as to why you are interested in this program and why you would like to be a doctor of osteopathic medicine.
- Copy of your score report for the SAT and/or ACT. (Applicants who do not have SAT/ACT scores may still apply for consideration)
- Unoffical copy of high school transcript
Applicants will not be considered, until all required materials are received by the committee.
All materials must be submitted online via the online joint Rutgers/RowanSOM BS/DO online application.
Access and submit your BS/DO application HERE.
The deadline for applications is January 31, 2021.
If you have any questions, please call 856-225-6046.
After preliminary evaluation of applications by a Joint Admissions Committee from Rutgers and Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, selected applicants will be invited to interviews at Rutgers University-Camden. The first round of interview may take place between mid-January to mid-February.
If you make it through the first round, your information will be forwarded to the Medical School for review and a possible interview.
It is expected that this process will be completed in plenty of time for you to make a decision about your matriculation status.
Applicants not invited for an interview or not selected for admission to the Joint Program shall be notified of the decision as soon as possible.