Medical School Committee Letter
The committee will begin accepting applications from students who are applying for the current application cycle (2023 admission) in April 2022.
At that time, applicants will be able to submit a Committee Letter Request by visiting the following link: https://engage.camden.rutgers.edu/submitter/form/start/250245
2023 Medical School Applicants are candidates who are completing their application late spring / early summer 2022 and will enter medical school in 2023.
The following is criteria for requesting a committee letter. Meeting these criteria does not guarantee a committee letter.
Applicants for a committee letter must have:
- Registered as a “pre-medical” student via the career center: PRE-HEALTH PROFESSIONS REGISTRATION
- Met with a designated pre-health advisor (Cheryl Hallman, Laura Collins (Honors College, or CCAS Advising)
- A minimum of 65 degree credits completed; Transfer students must have completed at least 1 full semester at Rutgers – Camden to be considered
- A minimum of 8 pre-health courses completed (including Biology 1 & 2, Chemistry 1 & 2, Organic Chemistry 1 & 2, and Physics 1 & 2)
- A minimum of 3.5 cumulative GPA
- A minimum of 3.5 science GPA
- Completed the MCAT exam or be able to provide evidence of MCAT exam registration