The Career Center reserves the right to make a determination of the appropriateness of the positions being offered for the populations it serves.
Who Can Post Positions for Rutgers-Camden Students
The following organizations will be permitted to post jobs. However, they will not be permitted to participate in the on-campus interviewing program or career fairs on the Camden campus.
THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS - These include executive search firms and employment agencies. Third-Party recruiters will be required to:
- Inform the Career Center of the specific employer(s) they represent and the specific jobs for which they are recruiting, and the Career Center will verify the information;
- Reveal the company names to students/alumni selected for an interview;
- Allow the Career Center to add to their job description the following statement: “Applicants, upon being selected for an interview, will be notified of the company name by the third-party recruiter.”
Additionally, student information must not be provided to any other employer or used for any other reason than the original recruiting purpose. Third-party recruiters charging fees to students will not be permitted to post positions or have access to any Career Center services.
The Career Center will request contact information for the organization for which the third party is providing recruiting services if/when there is concern related to a company. The Career Center must respect the confidentiality of this information and may not publish it in any manner.
COMMISSION-ONLY EMPLOYERS - These include organizations that do not pay a base salary to their employees. Employers offering positions that provide compensation that is 100% commission based can offer these positions under the following conditions:
- The position is for full time employment AND
- The compensation is clearly disclosed in the position description AND
- Charge no fees to the candidates
MULTILEVEL EMPLOYERS (ALSO KNOWN AS "PYRAMID EMPLOYERS") - These include organizations that depend on employees recruiting others to sell products and services on a commission basis.
UPFRONT PRODUCT PURCHASE EMPLOYERS - These include organizations that require employees to invest their own resources in the purchase of supplies, products or services to carry out their business.
Who Cannot Recruit Rutgers-Camden Students
The following types of employers will not be permitted to post positions or participate in any on-campus activities:
- Teach Abroad, Study-Abroad, or Internship Programs that charge fees to students
- Home based businesses or home canvassing positions
- Campus/Brand Ambassadors
- Online Tutoring Programs
- Door-to-Door Sales
- "Gig" apps like Lyft or TaskRabbit
- Positions related to the use or distribution of recreational or medical marijuana (per compliance rules for federal funding)
- Jobs such as tutors, babysitters, or aides posted by private citizens.